ABOUT THE SCULPTOR
My artistic career can best be seen in three parts: early years through college as a driven artistic learning experience; professional career as a practicing attorney as grabbing hours and courses on sculpture where I could; after law as a consuming quest for technique and application. That’s now been twelve years. At first I was drawn to different subjects and different mediums. My focus has narrowed to specialize in reliefs, low and high.
- Furman University, BA (minor Art)
- University of Virginia, JD
- Atlanta College of Art (stone sculpting)
- Savannah College of Art (and Design) (“SCAD”) (bronze casting)
- Florence Academy of Art (sculpture)
- Brookgreen Gardens (numerous sculpture workshops)
HONORS AND EXHIBITIONS:
- Winner 2017 Philip Shutze Award for artisanship/craftsmanship given by the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art for works in bronze relief.
- Hambidge Fellow, Hambidge Art Center
- Bascom Art Center, juried exhibition, “American Art Today, Figures”; Instructors Exhibit
- National Sculpture Society, 77th Annual Exhibit
- International Art Medals Federation, Medals Congress, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Thayer Hobson Memorial Award at The American Artists Professional League
- 86th Grand National Exhibition and the Leila Gardin Sawyer Memorial Award at the 87th Grand National Exhibition.
- Permanent collection, Booth Western Art Museum, a Smithsonian Institution.
- Seven one-man shows