ABOUT THE SCULPTOR
Perhaps God was distracted as he/she sprinkled creative dust on the right side of my brain and analytical dust on the left. I got a little of both. I enjoyed my four decades practicing law after UVA Law and more than a decade as a serious sculptor after The Florence Academy of Art. My thanks to the support of my patrons, friends and familly.
- Grace Cathedral Church, Wentworth Street Charleston, S.C. Seven pieces, including St. Martin and the Beggar, Stations of the Resurrection and Celtic Cross. In casting, The Seven Last Words of Christ
- Fort Benning, Georgia. Armor Museum, St. George slaying the Dragon.
- Furman University, Greenville, S.C., Reports of her Day.
- Camp Sunshine, Rutledge, Georgia, Four Foxes (stone)
- Sullivans Island, South Carolina, The Warthogs
- Atlanta Financial Center, Atlanta, Georgia, George Hibbs
- The Booth Western Art Museum, Cartersville, Georgia, A Cowboy's Day (relief trilogy)
- USGA Museum, Far Hills, N. J. , Alexa Stirling
- Second Baptist Church, Richmond, Va. , Paradise Promised
HONORS AND EXHIBITIONS:
- Winner 2017 Philip Shutze Award for artisanship/craftsmanship given by the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art for works in bronze relief.
- Hambidge Fellow, Hambidge Art Center
- Bascom Art Center, juried exhibition, “American Art Today, Figures”; Instructors Exhibit
- National Sculpture Society, 77th and 87th Annual Awards Exhibition
- International Art Medals Federation, Medals Congress, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Thayer Hobson Memorial Award at The American Artists Professional League
- 86th Grand National Exhibition and the Leila Gardin Sawyer Memorial Award at the 87th Grand National Exhibition.
Cell 404 307 8613 or write me at email@example.com